Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's Always Storming in St. Louis

The storm is raging outside.

I want to be lying in a field watching the rain falling into my eyes and drenching me until my makeup is running down my face and my hair is a matted mess of grass and mud. I want to feel every drop of water crashing into the open palms of my hands. I want the lighting to flash above me and around me. I want to feel the thunder shaking the ground beneath me. I want to be fearless and strong like the storm. I want to be reckless like the storm. I want to be able to change things the way a storm does. I want to be terribly beautiful like the storm. A storm is everything I'm not, yet everything I want to be.

I'll find my way eventually.

Twenty-four will not be a year I give up to just anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment